The manoir


A little bit of history about the original use of the property.
The manor house was built in 1850 as the home of a wealthy family. In 1900 the house was purchased by a Parisian who had a physically disabled daughter, Marguerite. Because of her, he wanted to live a healthier life on the countryside. In 1900 he therefore started a poultry breeding: Etablissement d’Aviculture Ste Marguerite, named after his daughter. Until about 1926, the poultry breeding has been in operation. Then the little birds disappeared and the property has been empty and in decline for years. In 1994 the restoration began. Until today the many antique ceramics on the façade make us remember those days. The original name on the facade “Etablissement d’Aviculture Ste Marguerite ‘, which was almost completely faded, was restored in the autumn of 2007


And don’t forget to take a refreshing plunge in our swimming pool or to just relax and enjoy the environment lying on one of our comfortable sunbeds on the terrace. The swimming pool will be open from 1st of May until 30th September, depending on the weather conditions.